Today I was nominated for The Liebster Award, by the beautiful Sarah! I think it’s such a lovely idea and a great way to get to know your fellow bloggers, so here goes…
If you are lucky enough to be nominated, you must follow these rules! (Oooooooo)
1. Post 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions that I asked you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers
4. Ask them 11 questions
5. Tell them that you nominated them
11 Facts About Me:
1. I have heterochromia iridum, which you can find out more about here.
2. I am a third year BSc Zoo Biology student and I am absolutely obsessed with every animal on the planet.
3. My house is basically Noah’s Ark. I have had pretty much every pet imaginable – dogs, cats, snakes, lizards, fish, lobsters, ginuea pigs, hamsters – to mention just a few. I currently have two dogs (a miniature schnauzer cross patterdale terrier called Scruff and a Dogue De Bordeaux called Boss), a bearded dragon called Rex and a pond full of fish including carpe and sturgeon (my sturgeon is called Nicola!).
4. I drive a Renault Clio and she is called Maisie. Yes, I named my car.
5. I adore photography and painting. You can purchase some of my work here.
6. I am well and truly obsessed with elephants. You can find out more about that here.
7. I have tattoos and can’t wait to get more.
8. I love box sets – Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Stranger Things, OITNB and Game of Thrones – just to name a few.
9. I have “double jointed” hands and fingers and can do loads of funky stuff with them (#1 party trick).
10. Halloween is my favourite time of year. Watch out for my Halloween blog post in the next few weeks!
11. I adore Disney and basically become a child again, when I watch a Disney film.
11 questions asked by Sarah:
1. What would you do right now if nothing could stop you?
I would travel the world and volunteer with the elephants in Africa. There are so many issues over there with poaching and I’d love to do my bit to help. Damn you empty bank account!
2. What is your favourite book or TV show?
I’m not a huge reader, because of my dyslexia, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Hunger Games Trilogy back in secondary school. At the moment, I’m trying my best to read more and I’m currently reading (and totally geeking out at) David Attenborough’s Life of Mammals.
3. What is the one thing you love about yourself?
I love how open minded and accepting I am.
4. Where have you visited that you’d like to go again?
For our first holiday together, David and I visited Brussels, Belgium. It’s honestly one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and I would love to go back! The chocolate is to die for too.
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
My boyfriend and I live together now, but when I lived in Hall’s, my housemates used to use my pans/trays to cook meat. Honestly, drove me crazy.
6. What is your favourite colour?
Burgundy. Everything in my wardrobe is burgundy (or black).
7. What are you most afraid of?
My anxiety. I’m afraid of it getting worse and never going away. I’m afraid of it stopping me from doing the things I really want to do.
8. If you were to live with a celebrity for the rest of you life, which one would you want to live with?
David Attenborough. Just imagine the stories. I’m also slightly obsessed with him, so it would be a dream come true.
9. What is your worst habit?
Worrying. Seriously, it must drive David crazy. He has to listen to me say ‘what if…’ all the time.
10. Do you have any strange phobias?
Bellybuttons. Don’t ask why, I have no idea.
11. Tea or Coffee?
Tea. Only Yorkshire Tea though. It must be reaaally strong too.
I am nominating (in no particular order):
11 questions for you to answer:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go?
3. Tell me your favourite joke!
4. Do you have any pets, if not, what’s your favourite animal and why?
5. What is your dream job?
6. What is your best feature?
7. Do you take part in any Twitter chats, if so, which ones?
8. What are you most talented at?
9. What will be your new year’s resolution(s) for 2017?
10. What are you dressing up as for Halloween!?
11. What is your favourite quote?